Posted to alt.home.repair
Tony Hwang Tony Hwang is offline

Default gas-oil mix

wrote:
On Jun 2, 9:18 am, CRNG wrote:
On Sun, 02 Jun 2013 09:02:54 -0400, cj wrote in
Re gas-oil mix:

My new Tanaka weed whip instruction manual calls for a gas oil mixture
of between 25:1 and 50:1. That seems kind of vague to me. My Echo leaf
blower calls for 40:1 and my Poulan chainsaw calls for 50:1. Running my
Poulan on a 40:1 seems to work fine, and I am planning on running the
Tanaka with a mix of 40:1. Is it super critical to stick with the
recommended mix for each piece of equipment ?

thanks CJ

I often run an engine that calls for 50:1 at 40:1 because the 40:1
covers several engines that I have. However, I wouldn't go more than
the 40:1 in the 50:1 as it might cause plug fouling.

It seems like most newer 2-cycles are now designed for 50:1.

I agree. If you have some eqpt that calls for 40 and some
for 50, I wouldn't have two seperate mixes. I'd split the diff
and go with 45.

Hi,
Likewise, I use one mix for weed whacker, chain saw, and snow blower
using low ash high quality oil.