Posted to uk.d-i-y
RayL12 RayL12 is offline

Default Fear of radiation worse than radiation...

On 01/06/2013 5:09 PM, Jo Stein wrote:
On 01.06.2013 17:29, polygonum wrote:

And as I have pointed out before, lower doses might be worse than
slightly higher ones. This has been one of the lessons of radio-active
iodine ablation of thyroid glands. Never as simple as it first seems.

It is very simple. A dose of 7 sievert during 30 days will kill 50% of
rats. A dose of 8 sievert will kill all the rats. When the dose is 3.5
sievert more than 99% of the rats are still alive.

Some people study theology. They get a job as a priest with salary from
the government. If the priest one day discover that there is no God, he
may have a problem. I think he solves the problem by continuing his job
as a priest.

Some people study environmental physics. They get a job in a radiation
protection agency with their salary paid by the government. One day they
discover that the LNT theory is wrong. I think they continue their
job and do not talk loud about their new discovery.

+1

--
One click voting to change the world.
https://secure.avaaz.org/en/