Swingman

Default Maximum rip width for 3/4" red oak

"heyscott" wrote in message

My question is whether this is good advice. Do I really need to rip
all my wood down like this, or can I join two 6" pieces if I want to?

Future stability will often depend upon how the wood was sawn from the log,
but in most instances 6" widths would not be a problem at all if the wood is
properly dried. Depending upon the grain, random widths will often look
better in wide glueups ... less like a bowling alley or hardwood floor.
Experiment and let your taste be your guide.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 5/15/04