Posted to alt.home.repair
TomR[_3_] TomR[_3_] is offline

Default small privacy trees

leza wang wrote:
Hi
Sorry if this off topic. Do you recommend any small tree (4-6 feet
tall) that I can plant to give privacy and enforce my land boards? I
live in Toronto, Ontario. Thanks a lot.

First, it's not off topic for this forum, since it is home repair related.

I don't know the answer to your question, but one person suggested checking
out arborvitae.

If you go to http://images.google.com/ and do a search for arborvitae,
you'll see tons of images of what they look like.

If it were me, I would also do a lot of looking around in my neighborhood
and region to see what other people have for borders.

Another option may be some type of privacy fence, or maybe a low fence that
defines the border but doesn't really create visual privacy..

Even though you want privacy, you may want to be careful that you don't put
up or plant something along the side of your house that makes it easier for
burglars and intruders to hide while breaking into your house -- just a
thought.