Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] dom@gglz.com is offline

Default Hozelock - WTF?!?

On Saturday, 25 May 2013 20:52:31 UTC+1, Halmyre wrote:
Our venerable hose reel refuses to accept a push-on connector any

more. No problem thinks I, I've got a spare tap fitting that looks

like it'll do the job, unscrew the fitting from the hose reel

and...it's a different size to the tap fitting! What is the ****ing

point of making two otherwise identically shaped bits of plastic with

two different thread diameters?

--

Halmyre

Set up my hose reel for the plasterer recently (bib tap adapter also fits washing machine taps BTW), and once it had mains pressure a fitting blew off. Clean up mess. Then happens again with a different fitting.

Seems once Hozelock push-lock fittings get a little worn they're no longer good for mains water pressure.

Went to ToolStation instead. Their no-name brass fittings slightly cheaper than Hozelock plastic and MUCH better quality. Their no-name plastic fittings A LOT cheaper than Hozelock, and still better quality.