Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hrhofmann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Sealing marble tiles on fireplace?

On May 31, 2:34*am, "bob" wrote:
I just had a brick fireplace tiled with marble tiles.

Should I seal it with natural stone sealers? Is there a chance water would
form behind the tiles and migrate into them from the back? The fireplace
feels colder than room temperature during the winter -- the back side of the
fireplace is the base of a chimney outside the house.

Three contractors came to bid on the job. None of them mention anything
about sealing the tiles. Perhaps tiles on fireplace don't need to be sealed?

Are yuou saying the wall lining of the firepit itself is marble tiles??