Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Toilet follow up

On 5/28/2013 8:37 PM, Guv Bob wrote:
wrote in message ...
On May 25, 5:16 pm, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
Couple of week ago I asked about toilets. I ended up getting a Kohler
1.6 gallon flush. Works well.

I got the "Comfort Height" elongated bowl and I'd recommend it for
anyone over 60 or with joint problems. My wife is recovering from
surgery and it makes a huge difference for her.

I'm going to overhaul the upstairs bathroom and I'll put a similar
model up there also.

- Only reason not to put an elevated height toilet in is if you are
- going to sell the house soon. Then, whatever bathroom would be used
- by children in the family needs to be "normal" height. On the other
- hand, it is not all that much money if you do have to replace the
- elevated height toilet with a normal height toilet before selling the
- house.

Good point. On the other hand, the higher the bowl, the easier the target for the point and shoot crowd.

I've seen molded plastic extensions like a booster seat on toilets to
raise the fanny contact point. I believe the one I saw added about 6"
to the height of the bowl. No need to change the toilet. ^_^

https://www.shermanoaksmedical.com/R...Seats_s/87.htm

http://tinyurl.com/k826sdj

TDD