Posted to alt.home.repair
Danny D Danny D is offline

Default Need to convince the wife that it's crud on her countertop (notgrout)

On Wed, 29 May 2013 15:38:29 -0400, Dan Espen wrote:

If you think you might have some of the symptoms (and from here you seem
like you might), the best thing to do, is learn to listen to your wife
when she tells you to worry about something else.

Actually, she just wants me out of her hair. She was used to me being
at work all day, every day, and now I'm home all day driving her crazy.

Little does she know I cleaned her countertops this morning:

Regarding OCD

While I have a great attention to detail, and, I have trouble making
decisions when I don't have enough data, I'm actually not OCD (I was
just joking). I'm not afraid of germs, snakes, spiders, poison oak,
ticks, etc., even though I'm exposed to all of them every day, all day.

I do have a great attention to detail, and, well, I do ask questions
of everything, in that I love to learn, and to teach. But you'll
notice that I snap pictures for you guys, so you don't waste your
time guessing at the situation (plus smart guys like Oren tell me
stuff that I didn't even think about, just from looking at the
pictures). I've been on USENET for decades, and I know how bad
some posts can be (lack of detail, lack of response, etc.).

I'm all about detail. Getting the numbers exact.

I despise, for example, automotive shop manuals, which have almost
no attention to detail. I have them all, but I prefer a DIY video
to what they have in the shop manual. I read the booklet that comes
with an ice-cream maker, and I ascertain *why* each warning is there.
I figure out the dimensions of my replacement pool pump o-rings,
so that I can order them in bulk, and always have them on hand.
I ask how best to move brush, even though I can move it by hand,
hoping there's a better way than the primitive method.

That's not OCD; that's just a desire to learn, to improve, and
the ability to think about what is being done. It's what
distinguishes humans from dogs.