Posted to alt.home.repair
Fat-Dumb and Happy[_2_] Fat-Dumb and Happy[_2_] is offline

Default 3/4 or 1" PEX??

I replaced my old service line years ago years ago with 3/4 inch glued
PVC. I stiff armed it to the water meter. Enough is enough when it
comes to things like this. If this old place catches on fire a 6 inch
fire hydrant in the front yard wouldn't save it. We worry about enough
water then the code calls for water savings devices.
The deposits caused by hard water that can build up in pipes is
rather interesting.
http://inspectapedia.com/water/Water...pair_Guide.htm
You might look at some old water bills to determine your daily usage
and try to calculate your peak flow and work back from there.
The best plumbing improvements I've made .. putting in a straight
shot for the hot water to the kitchen sink, and a big tank toilet. Damn
I got tired of waiting for hot water and having to flush twice or three
times.