Posted to alt.home.repair
harry harry is offline

Default 3/4 or 1" PEX??

On May 30, 5:05*am, mike wrote:
On 5/29/2013 12:35 PM, nestork wrote:

Instead of buying a bunch of sharkbite fittings, why not just buy
yourself a PEX crimping tool, and that way you'll have the tool you need
to do repairs on your PEX plumbing in future. *You can buy them for
under $100 nowadays.

I'm talking TWO, count 'em TWO fittings. *If I can count on
sharkbite *not to leak, the decision is easy.
It all boils down to whether the sharkbite is reliable when buried
outside. *If it leaks, it won't destroy walls/ceilings. *And I can easily
get it at to fix it.

Your best best bet is to arrange things so the joint is visible inside
the house. Create an inspection pit in the floor if necessary.