Posted to alt.home.repair
Attila Iskander Attila Iskander is offline

Default small privacy trees

"nestork" wrote in message

I made a mistake.

The kind of bushes that grow here are called "LILAC" bushes, not
LAVENDER bushes.
(pronounced "Li-lock")

Here is a picture of a lilac bush:

[image:
http://www.grit.com/uploadedImages/G...ilac-bush.jpg]

It blooms in spring and has flowers similar in colour, shape and size to
the lavender bush, but it's a much taller growing bush. Here's what
lilac flowers look like:

[image:
http://www.bigblogofgardening.com/wp...-in-bloom.jpg]

Lilacs are perennials and they grow a new set of leaves and flowers
every year. They're very common here in Manitoba.

I don't know what made me think those kinds of bushes were called
lavender.

Our back yard has 2 sides of lilacs, alternating white and purple
The only thing is you need to go in regularly and clean out the dead wood.
It's a real bitch to do so.
BUT, it does keep the shrubs healthy and producing bunches of flowers each
spring.
You can also use a hedge trimmer in the fall after the seeds are gone, to
give it shape and control the height