Posted to alt.home.repair
Norminn Norminn is offline

Default small privacy trees

On 5/29/2013 2:18 PM, nestork wrote:
I made a mistake.

The kind of bushes that grow here are called "LILAC" bushes, not
LAVENDER bushes.
(pronounced "Li-lock")

Here is a picture of a lilac bush:

[image:
http://www.grit.com/uploadedImages/G...ilac-bush.jpg]

It blooms in spring and has flowers similar in colour, shape and size to
the lavender bush, but it's a much taller growing bush. Here's what
lilac flowers look like:

[image:
http://www.bigblogofgardening.com/wp...-in-bloom.jpg]

Lilacs are perennials and they grow a new set of leaves and flowers
every year. They're very common here in Manitoba.

I don't know what made me think those kinds of bushes were called
lavender.

I was wondering where they could grow lavender 5' tall! More like
15-18" ) Just planted a bunch of seeds for lavender and a new lilac
bush....big, big yard to change over to shrubs and flower beds and the
shrubs I've planted look mighty small.