Posted to alt.home.repair
Bob F Bob F is offline

Default Need to convince the wife that it's crud on her countertop (not grout)

Doug Miller wrote:
Danny D wrote in
:

After energizing a bit at breakfast this morning, I decided to
scrape out what I think is "crud" on top of grout on the counter:

Looks like grout to me. What makes you think it isn't?

As soon as the wife saw me digging away, she wryly reminded me of
all my mistakes from the past, and suggested that I go and find
something to fix anywhere else - but not in "her" kitchen:

She wasn't convinced at all that this is pure crud, not grout:

Isn't it?

Looks like grout to me. What makes you think it isn't?

If it looks the same even in the distant corners, it's probably grout.