Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ammeter - which way

On Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:09:14 PM UTC+1, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Remember the old type charge / discharge ammeters, where used a couple
of turns of cable which used to sometime be fitted to vehicles ? I have
one fitted to the tractor mower which is not marked + and - and I'm
sure it reads the wrong way. The needle goes left when on charge, I
seem to remember the norm is to move to the right.

Can anyone remember, before I take steps to correct it?

I think you're right, but you can have it how you like