Chris Oates

Default Is my main socket ring too big?

"Paul" paul at javajedi dot com wrote in message
. ..

Apart from the load issue, I am also concerned about the earth. Modern
devices have a lot of earth leakage if they have switched mode power
supplies, although I believe this is now referred to as "high protective
conductor currents". Well, apart from several computers, I am sure that

all
of video/dvd/hi-fi have switched mode PSU's in generating leakeage. Would
this be a problem?

Not normally - at work I run SMPSs and nasty motors on RCDs
Neutral currents get a bit weird with harmonics