Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Shopping for a receiver

"Phil Allison" wrote in message ...
"William Sommer****** ****wit TROLL"

The sound quality on the vast majority of DVDs, TV programs
and movies on TV is excellent.

A matter of opinion.

** As it can only ever be.
But neither is it an isolated or uninformed one.

It is. See below.

CDs -- including classical CDs -- don't have anywhere
near the sound quality the medium is capable of.

** So ****ing what ?
CDs are capable of a much higher technical performance than is
NEEDED for the reproduction of music.

You're really displaying your ignorance.

Ever made live recordings? Of course not.

The sound of most CDs is a travesty of live sound. In fact, it is often so
poor that one can make a more-natural-sounding recording with a Compact
Cassette deck. (I know, because I've done it.)