Posted to alt.home.repair
chaniarts[_3_] chaniarts[_3_] is offline

Default Enhancing An O-Ring Seal?

On 5/25/2013 8:23 PM, wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 13:24:41 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per nestork:
Your best bet would be to get a set of dental picks so that you can take
the old O-ring out, and then just put a new O-ring, or one size larger
O-ring in for a better seal.

In the interest of brevity, I lied a little about the o-ring. It's a
custom shape to accommodate a few screw holes.

I think I'm going to go the silicone grease route. If that fails, I'll
just remove the o-ring, set the joint in marine silicone sealer, and
hope I don't need to disassemble it too often.

The silicone grease WILL do the job unless the o-ring is badly
deteriorated.

try a pool store.