Posted to uk.d-i-y
Brian Gaff Brian Gaff is offline

Default Quickest way to burn logs, grass & branches?

What a pity you can'tjust buy Thermite innit?

Brian

Email:

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message

"Mr Pounder" wrote in message

"Mentalguy2k8" wrote in message
Spent most of the day feeding crap through a new garden shredder, all
I'm left with is a huge pile of cuttings that are too small to shred,
various halves of trees that are too big to shred, and dried crap/grass.

I've made the executive decision to burn the f***ing lot, but can't
decide whether to buy an incinerator or just build a big heap on the
ground and torch it. There's plenty of stuff here that'll need sawing up
to fit in an incinerator, but on the other hand I don't want to leave a
big scorch mark on the grass (which is the only place to do it with
enough space around). Although I can live with it, it'll grow back one
day.

What's the expert opinion? Will it burn quicker if it's "free" rather
than in a dustbin with holes in? I just want shot of the lot now, don't
really care how, and balls to the neighbours they ought to be at work
tomorrow.

Our council give us a "free" garden wheelie bin.
Not in the south are you?

Yes but it's 70 quid a year for a fortnightly collection and I've already
missed 4 months of it. Most of this stuff won't fit in a bin unless I
spend days sawing it up anyway.