Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Shopping for a receiver

On Mon, 27 May 2013, root wrote:

It is harder and harder for me to understand speech on TV audio.
I would like to be able to insert an equalizer into the audio
playback. Old receivers used to run the pre-amp output and the
amp input out the back. As shipped, the outputs and inputs were
shorted together but the short could be removed and an equalizer
inserted into the loop. Are there any HDMI compatible receivers
that offer that feature?

Also, I have been looking for a receiver that offers HD radio
and I haven't found any.

Any suggestions?
Thanks.

Get hearing aids.

At least, see if you need them.

Otherwise you're just compensating for bad hearing.

The hearing aids will help generally, not just for tv.

Michael