Posted to rec.woodworking
Father Haskell Father Haskell is offline

Default Disappointing news; Baltimore Area (Towson) Woodcraft is closing

On May 17, 11:10*pm, marc rosen wrote:
I just received a postcard stating my local Woodcraft is closing
soon. *The "rumors” I heard earlier stated the owners were looking for
a buyer but could not find anyone to take over the franchise. *They
have two stores in PA and this third location was a lot to manage.
For someone like me that has most tools I’ll ever buy it is not as
much a loss as for the newer woodworker or someone who wants to
upgrade. *(But I still go there to buy the samller stuff I always
need) *There are a few businesses around that have used machinery but
no where are there places to demo a lot of stuff, or give "how to"
build it courses. *We’ve had three major WW retailers close here in
recent years; *Skarie in Baltimore City, Cayce in Cockeysville, and
now Woodcraft. *At least there are a few Festool retailers around, so
all is not lost.

Pricy, but a MUCH better selection of finishes than HD.
I wouldn't use polyurethane to varnish a cat litter box,
but try to find a varnish that ISN'T poly based.