Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill Bill is offline

Default Quickest way to burn logs, grass & branches?

In message , Grimly
Curmudgeon writes
On Mon, 27 May 2013 19:38:37 +0100, alan

*Really, don't even THINK about petrol . I used it once and am fortunate
not to have the scars to show for it.

+1

Wassa problem?
Stand well back and throw some alit at it.

---------The problem is that it is unpredictable.---------

I had a 40 gallon drum that was used to burn cardboard boxes, we had a
lot of them. One day they had been left in the bin overnight and got
damp. A splash of petrol and a match to, luckily, a hole in the bottom
of the drum and the resulting explosion propelled burning cardboard
boxes onto the roof of the building.
Also used a splash to start a bonfire, the first match blew out, the
second match blew out, the third match lit and I threw a piece of
burning rolled up paper at the bonfire. Will all the delay the petrol
fumes had spread a good ten feet away from the fire, I was about five
feet away. It was interesting in a perverse sort of way.

-----------The problem is that it is unpredictable.-----------

I'm still living and somewhat surprisingly still in one piece and
unmarked, from fire anyway. But I would be very wary about using petrol
for anything apart from in engines.

--
Bill