Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill@yawhoo.com is offline

Default Finding A Power Supply Schematic

On Sun, 26 May 2013 13:08:53 -0700, Michael Karas
wrote:

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article ,
says...

Excellent pictures, thanks. I believe the actual marking code is DF;
the R indicates the gain and the G is a prouction lot or date code.

My favorite source for arcane marking info: http://www.s-manuals.com

Which leads to: http://www.s-manuals.com/smd/df

And the datasheet: (watych out for line breaks)
http://www.s-manuals.com/pdf/datashe...C_2sd1768s%2C_
2sd1863%2C_2sd1898_rohm.pdf
IF you are in the USA, they are available from Digi-Key
(ww.digikey.com) for $.53 each. (Choose USPS First Class Mail for
lowest shipping cost.)

As a general rule, I dissaprove of replacing parts because they 'look
bad'. A few minutes making measurements with a DVM can give a wealth
of information.

PlainBill

THanks for the info. I had also done some research on some other sites
and find that there are multiple possibilities for this device marked
with a DF.

Sanyo NPN 2SD1623
Philips PNP BF621
Siemens PNP BNF21
Rohm NPN 2SD1898 **

** The part that you located.

Note that the marking codes seem to be chosen by the manufacturer.
Always make sure you are dealing with the same package type.

PlainBill