Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill@yawhoo.com is offline

Default OTA broadcasts being phased out?

On Mon, 27 May 2013 09:17:18 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

Per Phoena:

I get my news from real news websites like PressTV.

Charlie Rose interviewed a guy named Shane Smith who is owner of a
YouTube-based media company called "Vice" which seems tb headed for a
dominant position in news coverage.

His assertion was that something like 60% of people under a certain age
(30 comes to mind, but I'm not positive) do not even own a TV.

That may be accurate, but misleading. Assuming the age given was 30,
60% of people in that group are under 17. While most of the people
under age 17 have access to a TV, most of them don't OWN it.

It's a little like saying 75% of the people under 25 have never worn a
bra. True, but not indicitive of a paradigm shift.

PlainBill