Posted to alt.home.repair
KenK KenK is offline

Default OT Cell problem

Clever idea! Never occured to me. Unfortunately - always an
'unfortunately', isn't there? - the cell case is extremely difficult to
open. I dread changing batteries, much less doing so every time I wish to
use it.

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in
:

Carry phone with battery removed. Insert battery for calls.
.
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
.
.
"KenK" wrote in message
... First of all, forgive
me if I've asked this here before. My memory does not work as well as
it used to.

I have a non-clamshell (bad choice) cell and it is giving me an
annoying problem. It normally is turned off - used for rare outgoing
calls only. I carry it in a belt 'holster'. When I lean over far
enough, it sometimes turns on, with an annoying noise, and sometimes
'butt dials'. I tried putting stiff heavy cardboard on both sides, No
help.

I could leave it on all the time I'm up and around with the keyboard
locked but I'd prefer not to have to remember to charge it every day.

I could turn off the sound when it turns on but I don't want it to
turn on and dial stuff or expensively go on the web without me
knowing.

Suggestions appreciated. Those here are very ingenious and I have high
hopes.

TIA