nestork nestork is offline
Senior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Home Guy View Post
leza wang wrote:

Did you ever see any sort of nuts or berries on them in the fall?

no flower, nuts etc, just leafs.

Do the leaves turn yellow and fall off in the winter, or do the leaves
stay green all year - even in winter?
Elm tree leaves turn yellow in autumnl and fall off in winter. I have several large elm trees not more than 20 feet from my building's foundation, and the only problem I've ever had is that about 10 years ago, the roots from one of those trees discovered my building's 6 inch main drain line, so I had to call a plumber to snake out that line to cut the roots. I was re-imbursed by the city, so I'm not out of pocket anything. However, I have a poured concrete foundation rather than a more susceptible stone foundation.