Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Oven will not heat up

On May 27, 10:08*am, "Ralph Mowery"
wrote:
wrote in message

board could burn up too. *If it was a $25 part, that wouldn't
be so bad. *But when you see what a new board actually
costs, you may want to re-evaluate how to proceed. *Hell,
when you see what that board costs and depending on the
age of the stove, it might be time for a new stove.

It seems that is the way it is for many things. *The replacement parts cost
a big percentage of just replacing the whole unit.

I still think of the deal that the Commodor computer company had years ago.
They wold fix *any computer for about $ 75. *When it got the the repair
place, they would open it up and replace the whole insides with a board that
cost them about $ 50. *I just don't remember what the computer cost back
then.

I don;t know how it works right now, but about 10 years
ago I had my Tivo replaced. They charged a flat $100.
I sent my old one in and they sent me a refurbished one.
I thought that was a fair deal.