Posted to alt.home.repair

Default SAE-30, SAE-30 HD - Can they be mixed?

HD stands for high detergent. As to lawn mower use, just fine if it's a four stroke. I wouldn't use HD oil in a two stroke.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"DerbyDad03" wrote in message ...
My son was helping clean up the garage and decided to combine some half
empty containers of oil. He mixed a small amount of SAE 30 HD into a
larger container of SAE 30. Probably less than 25% HD.

The only thing I use SAE 30 for is my lawnmower. A little SAE 30 HD
mixed with the SAE 30 isn't going to make any difference is it?

Thanks.