Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default What material is used for pool equipment o-rings (buna? viton?nitrile? silicone?)

On May 26, 8:01*am, Danny D wrote:
On Sun, 26 May 2013 00:08:05 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:
A lot of the time you try to "delve" into things to look
for meaning where none exists.

You're forgetting that some people love to learn!

In fact, learning is more fun than actually doing the work.

For example, learning about how unions sealed using boss o-rings
while NPT threads seal with goop was more fun than getting that
goop all over my fingers.

Specifically, learning that the union o-rings are measured
differently than the sealing o-rings is more fun than twisting
unions together and not having them leak.

The meaning is in the learning - not in the work itself.

DDD-

You're assuming facts not in evidence

"You're forgetting that some people love to learn! "

I'm a life long learner & I appreciate that in others.
It is my impression that in your case the slope of the learning curve
is so flat as to be indistinguishable from zero....

Now that Oren has divined that you are retired .....all I can say is
"oh goodie".