Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default What material is used for pool equipment o-rings (buna? viton?nitrile? silicone?)

On May 25, 11:06*pm, Danny D wrote:
On Sat, 25 May 2013 16:48:19 -0700, DD_BobK wrote:
Attempt to investigate trade sizes?

I have read the o-ring charts and PDFs, e.g., this chart:
*http://www.allorings.com/size_cross_...nce_framed.htm

And this PDF (starting on page 7):
*http://www.callapg.com/downloads/oring_catalog.pdf

In these charts, the O-### goes up with increasing size of
the o-ring; yet, in the list of O-rings I'm trying to doublecheck,
that relationship does *not* hold true.

If nobody can easily explain why, in a single sentence or so,
that means that they actually don't understand this any more
than I do.

That's OK; but for you to intimate otherwise, without
actually providing that single sentence, implies that you're
in the same boat that I'm in on this sizing discrepancy.

Sometimes it takes more than a sentence or two to explain stuff.
Sometimes people who know aren't willing to spend the time.

Sometimes systems that appear to have no consistency .... really do
have consistency & sometimes they don't.

A lot of the time you try to "delve" into things to look for meaning
where none exists.

Sometimes things just have to be believed / accepted....

think about the spelling of lots of english word, no rhyme or reason
(sometimes) just have to accept it.