Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Enhancing An O-Ring Seal?

On Sat, 25 May 2013 08:43:12 -0400, "(PeteCresswell)"
wrote:

I've got an el-cheapo IP camera that is taking on moisture in heavy
rains.

The body is two cylinders joined on an o-ring set into a channel.

Before I got nuts with the silicone seal, is there something more
disassembly-friendly that I can smear on the o-ring to enhance the
resistance to water penetration?

My kneejerk is Vaseline - but, with my luck, that would attack the
o-ring.

silicone grease - won't attack the rubber, won't glue it together,
and seals against moisture intrusion. Can't remermber the brand I use
- but it is a food-grade grease used in food production lines.