Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Pool heat pump - How many BTUs?

On May 25, 2:31*pm, harry wrote:
On May 25, 3:35*pm, wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 23:17:08 -0700 (PDT), harry

wrote:
A 100A supply is 23Kw. here. Why would you need more than that?

11 WK spa heater, 15KW of residential heat, 5.5kw water heater, 8kw
range, 4.8 kw electric dryer and then you have your other loads.

It adds up pretty fast.

We have gas for all heating loads in 99% of homes.
All of the above would be gas fired here.

What you have or don't have has no impact on what
the rest of the world, like the USA. You already told us
that England is soscrewed up that you can't get more than
a 100A service unless you go to three phase. Not that I'm
buying that, but if it's true, it really is a screwy place indeed.

No-one uses electricity for heating unless there is absolutely no
other option.

Yawn.... The same tired canard. "Electricity" for heating
implies ordinary resistance heating. "Heat pumps" are
what is being discussed here.