Posted to alt.cellular-phone-tech,sci.electronics.repair,alt.internet.wireless
Robert Macy[_2_] Robert Macy[_2_] is offline

Default How can a toll-free number fail on landlines & VOIP but not on cellphones?

On May 23, 8:33*am, Eddie Powalski wrote:
On Thu, 23 May 2013 05:56:26 -0700, Robert Macy wrote:
my landline is blocked

Hi Robert,

I'm confused though.
Your landline is blocked, as is mine.

Yet, when we call 1-877-817-1759, we both get the initial prompt:
*"Press 1 for English"

After that, I'm confused what happened for you.

If my landline is blocked, the *next* prompt is (heavy British accent):
*The number you have dialed cannot be found; please check the number
*or call Airtel for assistance.

However, if I dialed *82 prior to dialing 1-877-817-1759, I get:
*Please select the product type; for inquiries on basic phones, please
*press 1, for inquiries on smart phones, please press 2, etc.

Which of those two options did you get from your blocked landline
for the *second* prompt?

with blocked landline, asked me to select "1" for english, then
transferred me to a message telling me the number was 'unavailable' or
was it the wrong number, or something and suggested I call something
else.