Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] hrhofann@sbcglobal.net is offline

Default Dell - A720/A920 black ink cartridge.

On May 22, 11:00*am, "Ian Field"
wrote:
Since I had a syringe of black printer ink that worked just fine on a Canon
250i, I decided to try filling the cartridge on my Dell A920.

Its gone from streaky printing - to printing completely blank pages.

Is this a problem of priming the nozzles - or incompatible inks gumming up
the works?

Thanks.

I always soak the cartridges that have nozzles in a shallow container
of water overnight, water just deep enough to extend to the bottom of
the tank itself, putting the nozzles 1/8" +/- under water. Then I
fill them about 1/2 full, set them on end so that the nozzle end is up
for about 1/2 hour or so. Then put them upright in their normal
position for another hour to let the ink fully diffuse throughout the
sponge, and then start printing again. I recently refilled some HP
and some Lexmark cartiridges more than 10 times each as I was printing
some brochures for a non-profit organization. Cartridges still
printing perfectly.