Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
Free Lunch Free Lunch is offline

Default Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Gays

On Sat, 25 May 2013 09:23:43 -0400, wrote in alt.atheism:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 22:40:39 -0500, "Attila Iskander"
wrote:

"Douglas Johnson" wrote in message
. ..
Kurt Ullman wrote:

In article ,
Free Lunch wrote:

On Fri, 24 May 2013 12:46:29 -0400, Kurt Ullman

No, that is not what atheism is. Atheism is the lack of belief in any
gods.
Yeah, you don't believe in gods. A lack of belief, by definition, is
not believing.

"I don't know" is a perfectly valid point of view and is quite different
from "I
know there is a God" and from "I know there isn't a God".

Agnosticism is a lack of belief

Agnosticism tells us that we cannot know if there is a god or not. The
question is inherently undecidable.

Atheism is a denial of belief there is no god

Atheism is the lack of belief in any gods. It makes no statement about
whether gods might exist.

Correct. Words mean things.

So please try to understand why he was not correct.