Posted to uk.finance,uk.d-i-y
Tim Woodall Tim Woodall is offline

Default Contactless cards again! [OT in uk.d-i-y]

On Mon, 20 May 2013 22:27:36 +0100,
newshound wrote:
On 20/05/2013 20:31, D.M.Chapman wrote:
In article ,
Roger Mills wrote:
On 20/05/2013 18:53, Theo Markettos wrote:

Do you have a template for where it needs to be drilled? [I assume that
it's not as simple as drilling out the contactless icon].

If it's like our cards at work (mifare classic) then a small crack at the
edge is enough to break the antenna and stop it working :-(

Darren

Surely *someone* has access to an X-ray machine so that we can map how
to disable them without shafting the chip!

They've moved the wires for the aerial away from the edge as far as I
can tell. Whether this is to help stop them getting broken through
flexing or whether it's to make it harder to disable them, I'm not sure.

But recent experiments have found that the aerial now passes close to
the right hand end of the signature strip rather than the left hand
edge.

http://www.woodall.me.uk/barclays/

Tim.

and there was light.