Posted to alt.home.repair
Ashton Crusher[_2_] Ashton Crusher[_2_] is offline

Default UK soldier was hacked to death by two black men in SE London (and KRWilliams says - what?)

On Sat, 25 May 2013 06:32:37 +0200, nestork
wrote:

Attila Iskander;3067848 Wrote:

Please educate yourself BEFORE you come back to spout more ignorant
nonsense.

This whole discussion is stupid because it presumes that every burglar
is going to have a hand gun.

It doesn't presume that at all. The FACTS are that if the buglers know
the homeowner is likely to be unarmed they are far more likely to
burglarize the place while you are home. If you are home then there
is obviously more chance you will get hurt by the burglar. Because
you personally have not been hurt has nothing to do with this issue.

That's BS.

I have had several burglaries in my building over the past 25 years, and
the few times that the culprits were ever confronted, they relied on
their ability to outrun the tenant or myself to get away. If they had a
handgun, then they certainly didn't even show it. And, in both cases
where the persons who broke in or were trying to break in were
confronted, neither the tenant nor myself felt in any danger because as
soon as we started going after them, they ran away.

You guys watch too much TV. The people I confronted were a couple of
natives that looked like they were homeless, and would have drank a gun
before they went to all the trouble of breaking into a washing machine
for it's stash of quarters.