Posted to ed.general,uk.d-i-y
Geoff Pearson Geoff Pearson is offline

Default improving floor insulation

"Windmill" wrote in message
"Geoff Pearson" writes:

[...............]

I wired the house 25 years ago - I didn't have much in the way of
cross-joist wiring - I mainly took it to the wall and traversed from
there.
I didn't have a grant - they just did it - no conditions, no personal
details, no means test (the house is worth towards £500k).

In mine, half the size so maybe worth half that, there's a lot of
cross-joist wiring (not done by me I will add) which I imagine could be
a problem when adding insulation between the joists.

I'll be interested to hear of your experiences next winter.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m

Where there is cross-joist stuff they seem to have torn the fibreglass and
reconnected by overlapping it behind the pipe or wire - which is fine.