Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess is offline

Default Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Gays

On Sat, 25 May 2013 00:11:43 -0400
wrote:
On Fri, 24 May 2013 07:46:52 -0700, linuxgal
wrote:
Tom McDonald wrote:

It's a start. I think a good start. But it's ultimately doomed to
either be expanded to allow gay leaders, or to go back to not
allowing openly gay youth as Scouts. As it stands, a gay young man
can be a great Scout until he turns 18, at which point he is,
what, not a great Scout?

I don't think so. Getting Eagle Scout, they can't take it away from
you, anymore than they could take away Bubba's status as a Rhodes
Scholar.

They can (at least for now) disallow you from being a scout leader. I
think they just screwed that pooch, though.

They're probably not ready to vote for beastiality practitioners yet.

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"A pair of powerful spectacles has sometimes sufficed to cure a person