Posted to alt.atheism,alt.religion.christian,free.usenet,alt.home.repair,alt.politics.homosexuality
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess is offline

Default Boy Scouts Vote To Allow Gays

On Fri, 24 May 2013 09:39:26 -0700 (PDT)
harry wrote:

South Park, the educational TV satire, did an excellent episode on
the Boy Scouts and featured a character named "Big Gay Al" as the
scout leader. *He was an excellent role model, the kids enjoyed
learning under his guidance, and the parents were happy that their
kids were being taught well and having fun. *Then the upper
management discovered that "Big Gay Al" is a homosexual, and so
they kicked him out and replaced him with a masochistic and
apparently-straight man who started taking pictures of the children.

The contrast was well presented, and it seems the main point South
Park made overall was that discriminating against homosexuality
isn't a tactic that solves or prevents problems.

I'm surprised you take such propaganda/drivel seriously.

Near the end of many episodes the main characters summarize what they
learned. And they're honest about it too because there was at least one
episode in which they realized that they hadn't learned anything at all.

It is an attempt to influence your mind.
Succeeded apparently.

My having a mind would require proof of my existence, so you're
depending on a premise that has not been peer-reviewed.

But then Americans believe everything they see on TV/that comes from
Hollywood it seems.

Which Americans are you referring to?

--
Fidem Turbāre, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Screw you guys! I'm going home."