Posted to alt.home.repair
DD_BobK DD_BobK is offline

Default UK soldier was hacked to death by two black men in SE London (andKRWilliams says - what?)

On May 24, 8:39*am, nestork wrote:
[_2_ Wrote:

;3067436']
I see. *So, while you think the Britts should arm every
cop, you also think a person needs a darn good reason
to have a pistol in their own house. * Is wanting to be
able to protect yourself a good enough reason?

OK, let's say I hear someone late at night walking around in my house
(if I had a house). *Yes, ideally, I would like to have a hand gun in my
hand when I go to confront them. *However, I understand that a hunting
rifle would be nearly as effective in that situation, whereas no burglar
is going to be lurking around the neighborhood while carrying a hunting
rifle because that would draw attention to him and people would call the
police. *So, I still have the upper hand if I have a hunting rifle in my
house for protection, even if I never hunt. *And, I understand that
loosening the laws to make it easier for me to own a handgun will also
make it easier for any burglar that breaks into my house to own a
handgun. *I prefer the status quo. *I'd prefer the situation where I
have a hunting rifle against an unarmed burglar to one where we both
have hand guns.

--
nestork

Terribly illogical thinking...

consider these points....

1) most burglars (in the US) break into unccompied homes...they fear
encountering an armed occupant
2) a hunting rifle is not the correct firearm to use in home
3) attempting to "clear" a home by yourself is bad idea
4) if you think there is someone in your home....call 911, stay on the
line, put yourself in a defensible position (hopefully, with a
firearm) & wait