Ed Sirett

Default how easy is it to replace a thermal coupler

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 02:51:05 +0000, alan wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message on.co.uk...
On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 11:40:31 +0000, alan wrote:

"Ed Sirett" wrote in message on.co.uk...
On Sat, 15 Nov 2003 15:40:13 +0000, alan wrote:

hi I have a Potterton Suprema 30 boiler, the thermal couplers going so
says a plumber I know as the hot water keeps going off, about once a
week. Is it easy to do myself?

Can I do it myself legally?
How much should it cost to get someone to do it properly if i cant do
it?

Any help would be appreciated

thanks.......

Thanks Ed

1) When the pilot light goes out the radiators and hot water both go
off
2) To reset it I keep my finger pressed on the reset button for approx
20 secs and let go then i should hear the boiler fire up and the light
goes from red to green.

OK one thing is certain, you need neither a themocouple or a thermal
coupler 8-).

We have an intermittant lock out problem on a modern boiler.

The manual may give some clues as to whart sort of problem is causing the
fault (eg. flashing = over heat, steady = ignition failure).

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk