Posted to sci.electronics.repair
John Robertson John Robertson is offline

Default KIP 2900 - Anyone here repair these in the past and has info on them?

Looking for the upgrade Eprom for the 2021 scanner to enable it to run
with revision 5.5.x of the software on XP. This machine has a
proprietary interface card (KIP6CP - which is a PCI card), so it is not
running on SCSI or USB in case you are curious.

KIP says to contact my local dealer, and the dealer isn't interested in
supporting this ancient device (1999 being ancient). Keepitprinting.com
is a useful resource, however these folks have mostly all moved on to
the more recent machines and can't find anyone there who has this info.

There is one supplier of parts for the machine who may have the correct
Eprom for sale, but he is not returning emails or phone calls...

The basic machine runs fine - copies from the scanner to the printer
clearly, and the computer does recognize the scanner but the earlier
(DOS TSR)version of software that I have appears to be broken in that
the files are zero length when scanned.

I have tracked down the field service manuals (no schematics) for the
machine scanner and printer which have been of help.

So, what I am looking for a later versions of the Eproms (my revision
appears to be 49012) , service bulletins for the KIP 2900 (2012
scanner), and other info on this orphaned machine.

Thanks,

John :-#)#

www.flippers.com