Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Ian Field Ian Field is offline

Default Dell - A720/A920 black ink cartridge.

"N_Cook" wrote in message
Ian Field wrote in message

"Mick Nowell" wrote in message
news
Since I had a syringe of black printer ink that worked just fine on a
Canon
250i, I decided to try filling the cartridge on my Dell A920.

Its gone from streaky printing - to printing completely blank pages.

Is this a problem of priming the nozzles - or incompatible inks gumming

up
the works?

Thanks.

Epson 2200 owner myself. I would try to run nozzle cleaning. If
you don't have pref's that perform this try re-inserting the cartidge
and let the automation take care of priming. You might have to do this
three times. Anymore = fail.

All the Epson printers I've seen, the print head was part of the printer

so
it doesn't get replaced with the cartridge - now I avoid Epson, once

they're
blocked - they're blocked!

The Dell cartridge nozzles just needed priming - I did that by sucking.

The ink tasted *VERY NASTY* and I got a black tongue - but it now works.

There were a couple of colour cartridges that felt like they had some

weight
in them, I got one of those going again with a few minutes in an

ultrasonic
cleaner and leaving them to soak overnight.

what fluid did you use in the ultrasonic bath / soaking ?

Water with a dash of Stardrops detergent.

The ink is water based - any hydrocarbon solvent would curdle the ink like
putting vinegar in milk!