Roger L

Default Treated lumber for bird house

Dave,

Very easy to disprove the old "Every Fourteen Minutes" bit, or even worse
the 50,000+ bit with simple math.
Most people tend to believe what they believe rather than think.

Simple way to look at it is by examining with facts and make your own
assumption.

Say we believed the 14 minute bit, than the following states would have the
following gunshot deaths.

Okalahoma 449 per year or 1.23 a day
Virginia 939 per year or 2.57 a day.

Now if you live in those states watch you local news and you should expect
to hear about the same amount of deaths reported per day for the ENTIRE year
.. This is of course under the assumption that a "gunshot" death is news
worthy. LOL

Now if we use the 50,000 per year number we come up with :

Minnesota 869 per year or 2.38 per day
Florida 2,904 per year or 7.95 per day

Somebody in FL please watch the late news and report how many gunshot
victims are in the news tonight.

Since in fact nobody can come up with an accurate source for these bogus
Gunshot numbers, it is a lot easier to disprove it using simple factual
math. I can only assume that the people who believe these numbers, are bad
at math, and are the same people you see standing in line at the lottery.

Roger L

"Dave Hinz" wrote in message
On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 19:39:17 GMT,

wrote:
On 8 Jun 2004 19:07:51 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Cite, please? (Translation: I think you pulled that number out of your
ass, and would like to see you back it up with a legitimate source).

Actually the number is WAY low.

Based on what specific data, exactly?

Far more than 50,000 people are SHOT every year in the US.
Every fourteen minutes someone DIES from a gun shot wound in the US.

Yes, I've seen this claim before, but not by anyone who can back it up.

Conversation is over.

I see, this is the "I'm going to make a claim, refuse to back it up with
any legitimate data other than 'I said so' and bail out" tactic. Ah yes,
always an effective way to make your case.

Gun owners in the US are the single largest identifiable group in the

world who
suffer from a serious mental illness but go largely untreated.

...followed by the personal insult. Yup, you're a classic. Your next
step is, I believe, to follow up even though you claimed you were done.
Maybe you could post some actual sources of your claimed data? You know,
ones that don't come from Sarah Brady and company?