Bay Area Dave

Default Treated lumber for bird house

that report ALSO makes me wonder if it was truly accidental.
While this particular incident was most likely an
accident, how do you PROVE conclusively that someone was
killed accidentally as opposed to "accidentally on purpose"?
Perry Mason could figure it out, but how about real life
detectives?

dave

wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jun 2004 20:19:54 GMT, Paul Kierstead
wrote:

In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

Far more than 50,000 people are SHOT every year in the US.
Every fourteen minutes someone DIES from a gun shot wound in the US.

Yes, I've seen this claim before, but not by anyone who can back it up.

Some numbers from the US government,
http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/wisqars/

For 2001, firearm death count was 29,573

Also from the same source, 2001 again, homicide (not necessarily from
firearms) was the #2 killer for ages 15-34, the #4 killer from ages 1-9
and the #6 killer from 35-44. These numbers include accidents, illness,
etc.

For non-fatal injuries from firearms, there were 63,012 for 2001. This
does *not* include BB guns and pellet guns.

Total injuries and deaths from firearms in 2001 in the U.S.: 92,585

That is 253/day, 10/hour or about one every 5 1/2 minutes.

Backed up well enough for you?

I love this one.
LAKEWOOD - A 36-year-old Lakewood man was killed Wednesday while trying to teach
his 13-year-old son about gun safety, police say.

Investigators say the man was trying to show his son how to deal with intruders
when the gun went off at their home in the 100 block of South Kendall Street
around 3:45 p.m.

A bullet struck the man in his head. He died at St. Anthony's Hospital a short
time later.

No names have been released.

Police said the teen thought the gun was unloaded when it went off. At this
time, police have not decided if they will file charges against him.

-------
What this report fails to include is that the guys two daughters aged 10 and 7
were in the room at the time as well.
The moron was teaching them how to do a quick draw from under his bed pillow.
I wonder if the shooter inherited the guns.g