Paul Kierstead

Default Treated lumber for bird house

In article ,
Dave Hinz wrote:

How many of these are suicides? How many are criminal-on-criminal violence?
How many of them are in places where gun control prohibits honest folks
from protecting themselves, making them easy (and safe) targets of armed
criminals?

Why should I run those numbers for you? Does it matter? The point was
that a lot of violence (or accidents) happens with firearms.

I didn't say anything about conclusions; in fact, I very much avoided
saying anything of the sort. However, you disputed the numbers, I gave
you the numbers. It is now up to you to go further.

Yes, I agree 29000 is much lower then 50000. Actually was still higher
then I thought it was myself.

Don't assume I am a gun control fan. I remain on the fence about the
issue (see the follow-up to my own post for some of the reason why).
However, I do not dispute that there is an awful lot of violence
associated with them. That is cause to examine the issue; I don't
believe a conclusion can be reached yet.

I suspect that no matter how I broke down the numbers you would
eventually fall back to the old adage "Guns don't kill people, people
kill people". So I say screw it, no point in arguing either way.