D. Mo

Default Treated lumber for bird house

Hear ya on that one Dave. An the term arbitarirly defined as "assault "
rifle is interesting. Has to do with the styling like having a flsh
surpressor or "military" style stock. oesn't have anything to do with the
letahlity of it. Most shooting deaths in the US are by .22s. Which most
people won't call an assault rifle. Then again the M16 is a .222 Yep it's
a high powered .22.

Me I only own four guns. An old Walther 38 my Dad picked up in Germany
during WWII, a ,25 derringer five shot Webly aand two rifles I use to hunt
with a British Enfield .303 (Infantry issue) and an 1897 Marlin lever action
..38-55. Only things I'ver shot were game animals and the occassional hog
for buthcering.

D. Mo
"Bay Area Dave" wrote in message
. com...
I've shot a variety of rifles and pistols and haven't yet
used a person as a target!

I'm hardly a gun nut though. I don't think I own enough
weapons to be considered one. Some here would label me a
"nut" but that's another issue.

Does everyone who has a steak knife in their kitchen drive
it through someone's gut?

I'd like to see the "nuts" not have access to weapons of ANY
type, but then they would just fashion one from something
else, like their cars, their hands; whatever suits their
twisted purpose. You can't legislate "normalcy". Look at
911. They used the aircraft that they were riding in. Took
everyone by total surprise. This is a crazy time we are
living in and I'm afraid things will just get worse as time
goes on. (But I hope I'm wrong!)

dave

wrote:

As long as gun nuts like you stay out of mine you can depend on it.
People in your world shoot 50,000 other Americans a year.
I guess they ran out of paper targets.

BTW, almost every one of those people who shot other people were using

their gun
for the purpose for which it was intended.g