Posted to alt.home.repair
Ed Pawlowski Ed Pawlowski is offline

Default Rebuilding in Moore, OK

On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:05:42 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

In article ,
Ed Pawlowski wrote:

I'd be alive and that would be a nice reward. If everyone built their
houses from concrete and steel, I've have plenty of neighbors. Of
course there would still be some damage, but far less.

If everyone built their house out of concrete and steel, you would
likely have fewer neighbors since substantially fewer people would be
able to afford to live there (or anywhere).

You'd lose very few neighbors due to cost. It can be done for about 5%
over regular construction. I know people that build them and have had
homes built with ICFs. You also save on energy costs for the life of
the house.