Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rick Hughes[_5_] Rick Hughes[_5_] is offline

Default Gluing (?) wood to concrete

On 23/05/2013 11:49, Peter Percival wrote:
I have inherited a shed made of cast (or moulded, whatever the word is)
concrete for the lower walls on which the rest is built of wood. (It
has a made-up as it was constructed look about it.) The wood is rotten
and I need to replace it. How can I attach the new wood to the
concrete? I could use screws--those things that expand against the hole
they are in when an internal screw is tightened--but that will leave a
crack 'twixt concrete and wood where the rain might get in. So I need
(I think) an adhesive cum sealant. Any suggestions?

you could use resin fixings, no risk of cracking concrete and hole is
fully filled