Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Bit O.T. Speeding ... ?

polygonum wrote:
On 21/05/2013 02:18, Arfa Daily wrote:

Now, I find new roundabouts are often a 'free-for-all' with lanes
weaving about all over the place, with 'instructions' painted on the
road in an effort to get you routed into the correct lane for where
you want to go.

They reworked the Barnes Meadow Interchange in Northampton a couple
of years back, and turned what was a perfectly serviceable
roundabout / interchange system, into a multi-lane nightmare that
follows no discernable rules, and often results in drivers cutting
you up as they try to find their way around it ...

Don't you love those instructions on the road at busy times? The times
when there are vehicles stopped all over them so you have no chance of
reading ...

You would not believe how many drivers I let change lanes at a roundabout
near me when they have realised that they are in the wrong lane. LH lane
left turn only - RH lane staight on and turn right. A simple sign on a post
before the road splits into two is all drivers who do not know the road
need.

--
Adam